Friday, April 5, 2013

Eating and the Parking Garage Workout

I don't know about everyone else, but I am having a hard time getting out of "holiday" eating mode! This has got to stop. It doesn't help that my daughter, Constance, had her first sleepover with some of her little girlfriends and there was lots of snacks that I don't normally buy involved. I found myself STUFFING my face with M&Ms, cheese its, and other stuff that came within my reach! aaaaaaaah!!! What is wrong with me?!

I made the commitment Thursday to get back on track. I have a 10k run this weekend. I had to get this out of my system! I went to the grocery store and bought the "good for you" stuff.


Last week, I led a parking garage workout with some friends. We were training for the Cooper River Bridge Run and running stairs mimics running uphill. There is quite a hill going up the bridge and when I did it last year, I didn't train for hills at all. The back of my leg, behind the knee, started giving me problems after we got half way up. I wasn't sure if i was going to be able to finish out the race running. I had to walk a bit then I pushed myself through and would walk a bit more, then we finished!

The parking garage that we have in our town was built with the intentions of being used a lot and people paying to park inside it, but its free to park there and its hardly ever packed. Great place for a great workout!


I first did a parking garage workout with a trainer that I do Zumba with and let me tell you, what a workout! I love stairs, but they were not loving me that day. I was sore for about a good 4 1/2 days! So when my friends asked me to lead them in a parking garage workout, I knew that we had to leave some of the rough and tough stuff out. It was still a rough one though. I had been broken in already, so I wouldn't get too sore afterwards, but my friends, they had not been broken in yet with that kind of workout.

So we did it and it was tough. When we got to the part where we were sprinting as fast as we could at the top, I got really nauseous because my heart was working over time - which is good because I haven't trained with sprints that fast.

Here is the workout that you can try sometime! You totally should, its good! Just click on the image and it will take you to where you can print a good quality version.


What was the toughest workout that you have done?

Much Love,
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment