Sunday, April 14, 2013

New comforter and bedroom Inspiration

I have been on the hunt for a while looking for a comforter that we absolutely love for a GREAT price. The one we had was old and dark. The energy was just heavy. We had to have something more peaceful and lighter. During my search, I ran into a few, but they were not quite right. There was always something that I would want to change, but of course couldnt change the thread pattern in an already made comforter or take a color out.

I originally bought 2 pieces of wall art that is of a purple flower and that was supposed to be the inspiration for our bedroom. As I kept an open eye out for things that would go, it just wasnt working. So when I found these towels at my store on clearance, I knew then that the art work was going into the bathroom and that new color scheme was going to be purple, grey and white. Worked out perfectly.
 
 

So back to the bedroom. I wanted something light and airy. We had tan duponi silk (fake duponi) like curtains up already and I really didnt want to change them with any new design. While looking around in TJ Maxx one day, I came across a very nautical like comforter set. I STOPPED! THIS was it. Checked the size, then the price which was 69.99!!!!! It came with everything except the sheet set - two extra decorative pillows, euro shams, standard king shams, and the comforter were all in the set. I quickly took a photo and sent it to my husband to see if he liked it. He was in! That made me one happy girl. I was ready to turn our bedroom into a light, airy, relaxing, peaceful space.


So of course after finding this I have some other projects that I need to work on to get our bedroom into the way that I would love to have it. I hate spending a lot of money on stuff and I am a DIY queen. I will find what I like and look for the look for less or create it myself.
 
Here is the comforter on our bed:
 
I added the color tan to match our curtains and will also add a nice green color. I dont hae the euro pillows on yet. I just need to go get the right size pillows. The inspiration came from these candles that were originally for our living room (will be working in there to change the color scheme to a summery scheme)

So we are in need of a head board. I have been looking to make a fabric upholstered one for a long time, but just didnt have the right feel of the room to go with. I know what I want now. Well I have narrowed it down to 2 choices.
Something like this from Censational Girl
 
Or like this one from Deep thoughts by Cynthia, but paint it a nice distressed tan color.

 


Other stuff I would like to add:
Coastal fish prints from Etsy (Printpressfmt) Just not sure which color we will go with.
 

I also need 2 nice lamps, some new dresser hardware for the handles, a rug, and the art work I designed to go in my 16x20 frames that I have had for a while. I love the way my artwork came out. I need to hurry and send it to get printed so that I can get them in the frames and on the wall.
 
Here is some other inspiration from Target:
Lamp shades
 
Pillows and decor
 
You can view my pinterest board to see more of my inspiration for the room
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the other side of me today - the side that is always on overload with creativity :-)
 
Much Love,
 
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment