Saturday, March 2, 2013

Group Run Numero Dos (#2)

This morning we were blessed with a beautiful morning and good health to be able to get out of bed, get dressed and go running in the cold! Yes it is cold out there, but there is something about that crisp cold fresh air and the morning sun, that just leaves you refreshed. As I stepped out the front door, I stopped and inhaled in all that freshness. It was such a good feeling to be standing there thinking "I get to get up and go running with  friends". I am so excited for what our group runs have become! A lovely new friend joined us today, so there was a total of 3of us!

 
I forgot the group picture again - What is wrong with me? Anyhow, I am loving my new Nike Drifit Hoodie!
 
Recap of this run, I have become a bit slow, Anni did fabulous for her first 4 miles, and Lindsey just took the lead and is just as amazing as I thought she would be. They are both amazing women and have helped me turn my dream of creating a running group a reality. I know that there will be lots more that join us as we keep going forward and lots more fun to come!

Today I really realized that I have indeed lost quite a bit of my cardio. I gotta up my momentum and get back in the game! The little wimpy workouts are not my standard. Yes I love Zumba, but if I do that, I need to be doing a good weight workout or something before hand. If I am doing a DVD at home, I need to be hitting the road for a run afterwards. I need to look into some Hiit (high intensity interval training) workouts and start doing some of those too! I am looking forward to stairclimbing one day soon!

So today, I managed running 4 miles and 1 Hour of Zumba - Great workout day!

Much Love
Krissy

2 comments:

  1. It was super great running with you guys!! I can't wait to do it again and try out Zumba with you one time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always great running with y'all also! You definitely have to come try out Zumba!

    ReplyDelete