Sunday, March 10, 2013

3-9-13 - 6am Saturday morning run

My friend Jessica and I planned for a mini group run for yesterday at 6 am. We had the option to go to the gym at a later time, but I believe in the beauty of a morning run outdoors. My husband had to leave around 7 to head into work for a 24 hour shift, so I had to get out early in order to be back in time for him to leave and take over our daughter Constance. I was awake by 4:54 am tired as CRAP! I wake for work anywhere between 5 and 5:30 am during the week and when the weekend is here NORMAL people like to sleep in - Not this girl. Every once in a while I will decide to sleep til 7 - Like once a month that may happen.

So I am up and check the weather. My body and mind are screaming "oh just call it off, its too cold out" and just thinking up all sorts of other excuses to not go. I even sent Jessica a text at 5 saying, "Let me know if its too cold out for you! We could go to the gym at 8 when it opens. Either way, Im up", lol. In other words please say later........ Ha, she said she would text me back in 30 min. When she did, she was a little skeptical about the sun not being up. I reassured her that it will start getting a little lighter outside starting at 6ish. She was in and would meet me at my place at 6am.

During the 30 min of waiting for her to reply back, I did some yoga stretches and warm ups then spend an awful long time trying to find my gloves. I kept finding 1 glove of each color that I had. I was tearing the place apart trying to find my other pink adidas glove that I normally wear out. I have a black pair (that I stole from my husband) and pink pair.

I finally dumped a basket of clean clothes out and found the match in there. PRAISE THE LORD! I was freaking out as I know it was 30 degrees out and my hands would surely hate me with nothing on at all! 6:00 rolls around fast and we are ready to go!



The run was so refreshing. I love that cold, crisp air - I could just breath it in all day. We covered 3.5 miles as we were running out of time for me to be back at home. Jessica finished out .5 more miles to make 4 and I went back in to make sure my husband was up. HE WAS NOT UP..... So of course I got him up and he had to scramble around and get ready quick. Jessica comes in and we stretch together for a bit. Then it was time to make breakfast for the little bird as she woke up right when I came back in the door. I asked if she wanted to go to the gym and of course she says, "YES" - my other motivator right there!

Work out #2 was at the Gym at 9am. ZUMBA time and it was awesome. Another good friend of mine and I decided to compete with each other and brought tremendous energy with us to the workout. I was barely breathing. At the end, I. was. beat.



Great workout, but it was time to go home, take a shower and make a good breakfast for myself, then head out for a round of put put with Constance.



Great Saturday! How was your weekend?

Much Love,
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment