Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The accident - Another part of my story

After my race on Saturday, I was just so ecstatic about how far I have come (back). An accident in October of last year kept me away from doing anyting almost 3 months. I know I havent shared that info on here yet. On October 7th, 2012 I woke up and went running early in the morning, before the sun came up. Went to church and then when we came back, my daughter wanted to go for a walk as she said "I didnt get my exercise today". So that is what we did. Almost back home, we were on a road that didnt have a side walk. A car was approaching pretty fast and sounded extemely close to me. So I attempted to turn around, but before I could I was hit! The left side of my body was the target.
This was me after a 4.5 mi run earlier that morning.

I was in shock! "Did I really just get hit by a car?!", I thought. The hit did not knock me down, but after realizing what happened and that I was still standing, I kind of collapsed onto the ground. My poor little Constance was in total shock! She had just witnessed her mommy, her protector, get hit by a car. She was screaming and crying. I chose to not call the cops. One reason being, that I did not want to shake up Constance's world any more and the other reason, just 2 weeks before this, I almost hit a guy with my car. He was walking in the dark with no reflective gear on. I was at a stop sign and he proceeds to walk in the front of my car when I was looking the other way to make sure my way was clear. That taught me that people make mistakes.

The lady that hit me did stop and she was histerical. Thank goodness I was actually calm! I had her take me home so that I could get Constance taken care of. She gave me her information and phone number as she wanted to know how I was after heading to the hospital. Luckily, I escaped with just a  bruised hip that was extremely sore, a bruised buttock and a sprained wrist. I didnt know when I would be able to run again - I was ready to go back out the next day, but that just wasnt going to happen.

After about 2 weeks or so, I gave exercising a try. My hip was still pretty sore, but I tried anyway. It went okay, but THE NEXT DAY...... Different story. My hip hurt!! Little by little I tried to get back to it. And finally after 2.5 months I was able to go for a little jog without too much pain. I was one happy girl!

I did struggle with fear of getting back on the road for a while and just going like I used to. Then one morning God sent me a scripture through the Christain radio station that I listen to. The scripture was "Though I walk through the valley of the shadows of death, I will fear no evil/harm/danger, for you are with me. Your rod and staff, they comfort me". I was in total aww, that God understood how I was feeling and that I wanted to get back to running. That gave me confidence through God to get back out there! And now I am completely back, but here and there I have some soreness in my hip.

Its nice to be back and tackling my goals again!

Much Love,
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment