Friday, March 22, 2013

1st race of the year

Last Saturday, (I know, I am a little late getting into the details) I ran my 1st race of the year! I was so excited and nervous at the same time. I had been training for a 10k race and this was a fun 5k race that was supposed to give me a little bit of speed work in my training. It was kind of chilly out, but I made sure I got things together the night before. I was READY!
I met up with a friend before the race to say hi and wish her luck, then met up with another to run the race together. We tried to warm up the best we could, but hey its been a while since I did a race that I was really into. The race starts and we seem to be doing okay at about a 10:20 min mile. Going a little further, I feel out of breath, and nudged Jessica that I had to walk a min and for her to keep going. I finished in 35 min and     seconds.


After the race Jessica and I met up again and we discussed some of our downfalls. The first downfall being that we started speeding up after we started the initial race. She informed me that we were going for an 8 minute and something mile - WHAT? No wonder I was feeling the heartbeat! It was an amazing race of the area that we live in, but somehow I had never really been on a few of the streets we ran. The homes were beautiful and it was such a lovely morning!

After the race we cooled down some and grabbed some breakfast. I went for the sweets! Bad girl - but it was so good. My husband came after he got off work and walked around with me bit and I got him to take a photo of me.

I took the one below after I got back home. I wanted to make sure I got a photo with my bib number showing.

 I am super excited for my next race that is in 2 weeks!

Much Love,
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment