Sunday, February 10, 2013

Setting myself up for a successful week

This weekend has been a very low key, simple, family oriented weekend and I loved it. Friday when Constance and I got home from the day, we decided to clean off the patio and sit out there and enjoy some fresh air. I read a book or at least tried to, while she blew bubbles. I have always loved my patio, but have never used it like I had imagined I would. But that is changing, I will start using it more. I want to get back into plants and fill it up with live greenery - there is just something about live plants that just makes me feel good inside.

 
 
Our group run was cancelled on Saturday morning, so I decided to hit the gym for Zumba. I love me some Zumba, but I have decided to cut back on it some to focus on running more and other cross training. We spent time at 2 parks as a family and played. I used part of this weekend to stock back up on the healthy stuff! We headed to our favorite Publix grocery store and shopped for groceries. I normally would do this on Sunday, but I have decided to switch it to Saturdays. I just gives me a little bit of a restful Sunday if I dont have to grocery shop and food prep. I recently started prepping my foods to where everything I need for the week is ready to go. Here are some things before (i forgot to include a few other things in the picture).
 
 
 
How I set myself up for success?? Make a plan to eat healthy and prep everything. Before you start a new week, you should have a meal plan and shop for groceries according to that. (I didnt have my meal plan ready before we went) When you are done, there should be no whole veggies and fruits left- like cucumbers, celery and such. Cut everything and put small portions in small containers or mini sandwhich bags, so you can grab and go. even sandwhich meat - separate the portions according to serving size and put in mini bags!
 
 
 
Here is my food prep after
 
I still have some tweaking with food prep to do, but this is better than what I used to do, which was N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

There is sandwich meat, oranges, strawberries, lettuce, spinach, canteloup, cucmbers, celery, grapes amd yogurt. Its a work in progress! I also have my workouts planned for the week so I know what i am doing each day and not making up something last minute when I am tired.


I hope you have a fabulous week!

much Love,
krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment