Monday, February 4, 2013

Mind justa going!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. My mind is on overload and I should have started writing sooner! Running group is on the brain and just recently I have decided to start one. I have always wanted to create a workout group or a running group with some good friends or to help people learn how to run. My original idea was to do a 5k running /walkng group where we will cover three miles. Runners, walkers and any pace are welcome. Its just about getting out there and going.

Then I thought, well how am I helping others learn to run if we are covering 3 miles. What if they get discouraged and I am running the whole time instead of walking when they need to take a break. This running group is totally out of my comfort zone and this is me stepping out! All these what ifs going through my mind, but I know what to do. I just have to trust in Him, our heavenly father and he will lead the way. I know that I did not get to this point in my life on my own. My running has slacked since an accident back in October ( I will tell about that in another post sometime this week). Then there has been some other crimes around a trail that I used to run on regularly. So between all that, my mind has been using slight excuses to not fully get back out there on the road. I have been using the treadmill at my gym and doing a lot of Zumba (my other love- gotta shake it)!

I am planning for the group to start this coming saturday! I am so excited, but nervous at the same time! I know deep inside that it will be a blast and something that will grow with time. Its time to get back to my love of running, where I would get up way before sunrise, get dressed and hit the pavement. My fave time though was to be dressed and ready to go, peek out the window and see the sun slightly coming up. I would get this inside excitement and breath of freshness that woud come over me. It made me feel strong and that I could conquer anything. I loved breathing in the cold air and just letting go........

I will get there again. I WILL. its 12:10 am and I really should be in bed!

Much Love
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment