Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Healthier foods are good too

Time is FLYING as usual and February is almost over! One thing that I can say that I have improved on this month is portion control, more veggies and fruits with every meal and getting in more runs, ALONG with cutting back on sugar in my drinks - like coffee and tea! Awesome stuff to be proud of :-) Now, if I can just manage the water intake...... I dont drink sodas or juice at all. All I drink is water and hot green tea with the occasional coffee. I quit making coffee at home because I would become dependent on it and start making it all the time. Coffee all the time would lead to too much sugar intake - Flavored creamer and sugar - then a CRASH in the evenings when I got home.

I have started to try different options for veggie intake. Squash and Zuccini are a new veggie to add to my list of ones I like. I dont LOVE it yet, but its not bad. I found some veggie chips at our local Publix grocery store and totally love them. Funny thing is, I was in the groery store one day buying a few things after the gym and I started hinking that it would be awesome to find some greenbean chips/dryed green beans. Dont ask. I know that may be the weirdest thing ever, but I came across a variety pack that had other veggies in it as well. Great souce of vitamins!


Here is a look-sie at some of my other healthy meals/ food

 
Turkey Sandwich with mustard, lettuce and cucumbers - It was Yummy!
 
 
Peanuts and yogurt - Not bad together
 
 
Salad with shredded chicken breast, light italian dressing and grapes
 
 
LOVE this stuff! aka - My Crack!
 
 
Venison burger topped with a slice of cheese, spinach (and bbq sauce, not yet in picture) with no bun and cantaloupe slices - YUM
 
This is how I eat ice cream if I eat any - Lowfat Frozen Yogurt and stick to the serving size of 1/2 a cup! I bought this a week and half ago an it is still over half full! So yes my sugar/sweet intake has been so much better!! I used to drink my green tea with sugar, then i realized I can hardly taste the sugar when I do put it in there, so why not leave it out. When I did put sugar in it to make it sweeter, I knew it was way too much! Sugar free Green tea for me it is!
 
It has been a process to get better with my eating and be aware of how much I am eating along with Calorie intake. I try to eat veggies and fruits with every meal and so far I have been able to keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment