Thursday, April 17, 2014

Recap of the week thus far

Monday, when I woke up, I decided to do a morning run, even though my body prob could have used the rest. I got my workout in before I start my day. I actually was able to get up on my own (didn't have anyone waiting for me) to get dressed and get out the door for a run alone! It was great. I have missed those runs so much. With my hubby's schedule and dark mornings, I was having a hard time getting myself together. It was actually light out around 6:30 when before it would start getting light around 7:15ish.



I think I really should have done yoga as my only workout to stretch out the soreness and work on strength. Oh well, I felt it this morning when I woke up for sure. My shins and ankles were hurting. I am starting to think that I didn't have my shoes tied tight enough....

A little weekend run recap......
My muscles were not recovered from the at home body pump workout (Saturday) and then the obstacle course style 4.5 mile run from Sunday! Well, of course it wasn't an actual obstacle course. One of my friends referred to the run as that when she heard how crazy it was with the kiddos. Bikes, strollers, kids complaining, wanting us to pull their bikes while they walk or play around and try to get in a good workout too..... Crazy!

My sister was driving. YES she has a BUS!! lol (A Nissan Armada)

I have to give it to my nephew though, he kept up with me pretty good on his bike. He was a trooper and I am sure I wore him out!


Any how, back to Monday...... When I came back in from my run, my daughter wakes up gets dressed and this is what she does.....



She put 2 of the couch pillows underneath her to prop her legs up like she had just gone running or something. I told her that is what I needed!! Can you see that monkey shirt?? She LOVES it and wears it ALL the time - wont have it any other way. Looks like I may have to pack it up for the niece when she isn't around.

On Tuesday, I knew I had to take a little rest from running. Gosh it has seemed a bit hard for me some days - well sore muscles will definitely make it feel that way. I decided to do Jillian Micheals. I love me some Jillian! 20 minutes and a butt kicking workout? Oh yeah!. I was a sweat girl when I was done!

On Wednesday, I had to use the day as a rest day. My daughter was having a friend over for a sleepover, so we were occupied with having fun. When her friend arrived with her "parents" (Aunt and Uncle-our good friends), they stayed for a bit and we all chatted for a little while! Before I knew it, time had flown by tremendously! And I had not made dinner yet!

 Here are a few pictures from a walk at the park over the weekend and some playground fun. It was so nice out and we got to play a little bit of Frisbee.




Today is a run day for me along with some yoga. Hubby said that he may join, so we have a date at the gym to get in some mileage. It looks a bit dreary outside. Not sure if it will rain.

Hope you have a great Thursday!!

Much Love,
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment