Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Race Weekend {Part 1}


I was so exhausted from the day before my race with running around for race packet pickup, dropping my husband off for him to work the flower town festival, taking my daughter downtown for her own race!

During Packet Pickup - She is normally afraid of people in costumes. Proud of her for facing her fears!!
 Trying to fill some big shoes!


 My daughter was so excited for her own race. We trained together a little going no more than a mile. That time was so special for her. This was her first time doing a kids race and I wasn't sure what to expect when we got down there.

OH MAN, the streets were jammed with cars. I started to panic as I had not registered her yet. She told me that she didn't want a t-shirt, so in order to do that you would have to register in person. We did manage to find a decent parking spot and walk down to the event AND register her! The event was so nice along with the park and the weather! We played did some activities and walked around before the race and she had a blast!

Before the race started I told her a meeting spot where she could meet me if she couldn't find me, but I think she was too excited to remember. RIGHT before the race when she was in line, I asked her the meeting spot and she says "I don't know".... So I had to think quick and decided oh geez, I will just run around the park keeping up with her off course to see her and make sure she finds me in the end! There were so many kids and people there, I couldn't imagine how she would feel if she wasn't able to find me. 

YES I was the crazy mom in dress pants and flat sandals running around with a camera around my neck and big purse on my shoulder keeping up with my baby! Boy was I sweaty when done, but it was so much fun!! She had such an amazing time and so did I, but this momma was BEAT after running around all day!

 Here are some of the pictures during the race and after!












Stay tuned for my race day recap - Race weekend part 2

Much Love,
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment