Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend, Where Art Thou?

Yaay for Mondays! Saying that in my most sarcastic voice. Actually Mondays arent bad at all. When my alarm goes off on a Monday, everything inside me starts kicking and screaming! It is so a mind thing. Well for one, I cant stay home. I get to get ready and go to work! If it were a Saturday morning, and that alarm goes off anywhere between 5:30 am and 7 am. I am litereally like woo hoo, lets get this day started! Weird, I know - I hate sleeping in.

Think back to my weekend, it was a good one! We attended a baby shower on Friday night for some good friends of ours (really my husband's friend and his wife) to celebrate the adoption of their first baby girl. Another friend called to see if she could get our daughter Constance (4) and take her to dinner with her daughter - for us to go to the shower kid free! How sweet was that? Constnace got to play with one of her buddies and we got to go to the shower as adults!

Shopping for baby gifts was fun as it had been a while since I have truly roamed the infant area at target. I like to always print out registries (for baby showers) to see what the parents have on there, vs something that they didnt think about that will be extremely useful. Target has THE cutest stuff and I was getting close to coming down with that "baby fever". We had to grab what we wanted to get and head out, FAST. After we arrived to the shower, it was just a nice time talking and mingling with everyone, especially the new mommy! I had known her for a while from previous get togethers, but I didnt get to talk to her much before (sometimes I get a little shy), but it was REALLY nice talking to her.

Saturday came and I had a plan for the gym. I was to be at the Gym at 8:15 to do weights and run 2.5 miles then hit Zumba! That didnt go as I planned, but I think it went according to God's plan. I got to the gym at 8:40 and Constance was pitching a fit about wanting to go home, even though she told me the night before that she wants to go to the gym in the morning. I finally convince her to stay and head over to my side to warm up. It was 8:50 and I had 10 MIN to do weights before my Zumba class would start. I managed to do just arms and jumped to the co-ed side to shake my tailfeather. I was bummed as I didnt run, then I heard someone call my name. Turned around and it was another good friend looking fabulous as could be! We chatted a bit then I got into my dancing. I danced to find out that the class was only 30 minutes that day! WHAT?! So of course I feel like I didnt do anything like I normally would - Bleh!

I noticed another friend coming through with her family and she had just joined the Gym the week before. We started talking and I find out that she could use some help working out. Im thinking to myself "YES!- This is going to be so much fun". Helping others workout and realize their potential truly makes me happy. I gave her a good workout and she was fighting the best she could. Made me proud!

As for Sunday, It was a wonderful day of coughing (it was Horrible) and a fabulous morning at Church. After church we took a trip to a nice park in our area and Whole foods market to get some fresh organic foods. It was nice to take a look around to get inspired to eat even healthier.

So that was my wonderful weekend. Im looking forward to an amazing week of staying on track and getting some runs in!

Much Love,
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment